Etiquette: good manners and secular manners
Observance of ethical standards by a person in society always defines him as a highly moral individual with moral principles, respecting himself and others. But only knowledge and following the rules of etiquette make a man a real gentleman, and a woman a real lady.
What is it needed for?
To understand the necessity of such a phenomenon as etiquette, it is worth giving a definition to this concept, distinguishing it from the concept of ethics. Etiquette is a set of rules that must be observed in society, the ability to behave appropriately in a particular case.
For the first time the word "etiquette" arose in France under King Louis XIV. At one of the social events, guests received small cards (labels), which set out the first-ever capital rules for how to stay in society.
Such an innovation could not go unnoticed. For a long time to this day, the set of rules has been steadily growing, whole chapters and paragraphs are added that are designed to regulate human behavior in all areas of activity.
The latest modern developments in the field of etiquette are connected with the norms of communication in the Internet space. This is an important topic, since permissiveness and depersonalization in the network entails the slackness and degradation of the society and each person individually.
The concepts of etiquette and ethics are often equated and generalized. It is not right. If etiquette is clear laws, when a person can be accurately assessed, to conclude whether he is familiar with good manners or not, then ethics are internal moral and moral principles that this or that subject follows, relying on his own intuition, as well as the degree of education and prudence.
Etiquette is common for everyone, it is unchanged and a priori, ethics are hidden and hidden features of a person’s character. Everyone has their own ethical standards. They depend on social status, on those patterns of behavior and building relationships that are inherent in the family, on the educational process at school, on the circle of friends and acquaintances, on personal qualities and the nature of a person.
You can be a highly moral person and a great moralist, but you don’t have to know the rules of etiquette, but you can observe all the laws of decency, but be a selfish, greedy and bad person.
Of course, etiquette rules were created subject to ethical standards. After all, historically it was morality, nobility and virtue that were the standards of a good and a bad beginning in a person.
One way or another, in order to achieve success in life, to be able to present oneself from the best side, to feel confident in any society, in any situation, it is worth learning all the rules of good form and invariably observe them. Etiquette covered all spheres of human life, so it is important to know that your partners, opponents, colleagues, friends and relatives are familiar with the laws of decency and will appreciate your ability to stay in public and in an intimate setting.
It should not be surprising that many rules can be found, for example, both in general etiquette, and in military or business. Many settings are common to all aspects of life, and therefore are duplicated. It is worth highlighting the following types of etiquette:
- General civil. The set of rules established by civil etiquette regulates the norms of behavior for all citizens, without exception, in everyday life. They are guided by being in public places, when applying for help to a stranger, while traveling by public transport and so on.
- Secular. Familiar with the rules of secular etiquette is for those who have to appear in a society united by any event or by inviting the hosts of the event. This includes the laws of greeting, meeting, introducing guests to each other, expressing gratitude to the organizers of the evening, the rules of good taste at the table, the relevance of one or another outfit, and others.
- The courtier. Anyone who was lucky enough to appear at the court of the monarch (for example, to be in the company of the Queen of England) must know the “from and to” rules of good manners at the royal court. One of the main laws during the reception of Elizabeth II is to speak only when the queen asks herself.
- Military. The set of rules, which clearly regulates the observance of subordination in the army, includes standards of conduct for military personnel in all possible situations.
- Business. An important block of rules for studying, which will help anyone build a career, become a reliable partner and a successful businessman.
- Religious. It is not enough to show respect for the church and faith, you need to know how to behave in the temple, how to appeal to clergy, how to behave in rituals.
- Family. Within each cell of society, the laws of family etiquette must be respected. By adhering to the rules, most family quarrels can be prevented, and as a result - divorces.
There are many other types of etiquette. Some have long receded into the past, for example, knightly, and such as court or ballroom on the verge of going down in history. The modern world is very changeable, impetuous, new concepts are constantly being introduced, phenomena are occurring that require a settlement, a framework.
Law on the part of the state cannot create the necessary framework for the settlement of all aspects of human life. This function is taken over by etiquette.
All the rules are aimed at achieving success in all spheres of a person’s life and are designed to help an individual turn the situation back on track, create a favorable impression of himself, arrange an interlocutor, and join any society.
Thus, we can distinguish the main functions of etiquette as a science:
- The function of establishing contact. The correct greeting and acquaintance will help to win over a person from the first seconds. After a competent start, the course of the conversation takes the right direction and plays into the hands throughout the entire period of the relationship. Compliance with the rules of etiquette will help set the right tone.
- The function of developing conversation skills and maintaining non-verbal contact. Small talk is a mandatory attribute of any official and unofficial event. With the advent of virtual communication, a modern person loses the ability to support a conversation, forgets about controlling his gestures and facial expressions. For those who feel insecure in this aspect, it is recommended to train in front of a mirror, read more fiction, try to retell the plot of the story.
Use the recorder to listen to your story from the outside - self-assessment will help to improve in the art of conversation.
- Manifestation of a courteous, polite attitude to people around. There is a saying: "Politeness is the thief’s best weapon." You should not take it literally, but you should take it into service. A man who is courteous to others and reverence for his elders is always happy to meet, they seek to help him, they forgive a lot.
- The function of regulating human behavior. This function is one of the most important, because it does not apply to a specific individual, it helps to restrain the whole society within the framework of ethical standards. Observing etiquette, a person becomes predictable, it is easier to "deal" with him, his reactions are understandable.
- Etiquette helps in conflict prevention. One of the main criteria for observing the rules of decency is the ability to control your emotions. Most often, quarrels and disagreements can be settled peacefully, adhering to etiquette.
Thus, etiquette is aimed at creating a highly moral, highly organized, intellectual society. Observance or non-observance of the rules of this phenomenon helps to evaluate a person in certain capital frameworks.
High society will not allow an individual who neglects the norms of good form, whose manners do not meet generally accepted standards.
The foundation or skeleton of etiquette are the principles on which all norms of behavior were created. Separate rules governing, for example, the correct treatment of elders or good manners at the table, as if strung on this skeleton, add specificity and indicate the only true option.
It is the basis of etiquette that is closely connected with the concept of ethics and morality. Based on this statement, we can distinguish the main principles of the phenomenon:
- Humanism and humanity. The essence of the concept of "humanity" is that each person should relate to others as he would like to be treated. The main idea that the phenomenon of “humanism” carries is freedom of a person’s choice, freedom of action, the opportunity to develop and choose one’s development path, and the realization of one’s goals. This statement means that no one can interfere with a person's disposal of his life. It is worth making a remark: human freedoms are limited by the criminal and civil codes.
- Tolerance. This concept is close in meaning to the concept of "humanism." Tolerance is tolerance for strangers: worldview, religious addictions, appearance, physical characteristics, lifestyle. Do not compare this concept with indifference. You can participate in the life and situation of another person, but remain tolerant.
- The principle of control over the aesthetic appeal of actions. It is always necessary to monitor your gestures and facial expressions. A cheeky gait, waving hands during a conversation, provoking a pose or indecent gestures can be regarded as disrespect for others or lack of proper education. A real lady or gentleman always, as they say, "keeps himself in control", not allowing himself to be discredited by inappropriate movements.
By the way, some gestures in a given country may differ. For example, the familiar negative sign in Russia - rhythmic head turns left-to-right, in Bulgaria has the opposite meaning - this is how the Bulgarians agree with each other. This is another reason to abandon the brightly colored non-verbal methods of transmitting information.
- The principle of traditions and customs. Etiquette standards in different countries may vary depending on the traditions, religion or historical past of the country. Thus, an appeal to a girl in France sounds like “mademoiselle”, to older women - “madame”, while in England - “miss” and “Mrs.” respectively. In addition, there are deeper differences between the etiquette of different countries. For example, the etiquette of Muslim states is very much tied to the religious characteristics of the people.
- The principle of modesty, politeness and tact. Modesty is the best decoration of man. Do not confuse this concept with shyness. A self-confident person does not shout about his virtues in society, but he knows his worth and abides by the principle of modesty. A polite, tactful person will never offend another, will always find a way to make a remark so as not to affect the feelings of a person, will never comment on anyone’s behavior in people, will not allow himself to give an assessment to someone’s actions or words.
- All actions must be appropriate to the circumstances. Sometimes, in a given situation, knowledge about how to do the right thing is not enough. In this case, it is worth being guided by common sense.
You should do so in order not to put other people in an awkward and difficult situation. First of all, it is worth taking care of the well-being of others, putting personal interests in the background.
Etiquette is a very broad concept that includes various aspects and aspects of human behavior. The concept is based on many components of etiquette.
Speech or verbal etiquette
In any society, you should monitor your speech. Not only content should comply with generally accepted standards, but also timbre, intonation, speed, tone of speech play an important role.
State your thoughts clearly, do not stretch, but do not chatter. The interlocutor should be able to make out all the words, to catch the meaning of what was said. Calm and confident intonation contributes to the development of conversation, strengthening relationships.
It is necessary to monitor the use of parasitic words, to avoid slang expressions in new companies, they may not be clear to everyone, and besides they are informal.
Verbal etiquette skills can be learned. For training, you will need a stopwatch and any object (comb, scissors, sugar bowl). Turn on the timer, then for three minutes talk about the selected item. Make sure that thoughts are not repeated, follow all the basic laws of speech etiquette.
As soon as the story is easily given and continues for at least three minutes, increase the duration to five minutes and so on. It’s a good idea to add a voice recorder to such a training to listen to your monologue, evaluating its content, your voice (tone and timbre). Performing such simple actions regularly will allow you to master the culture of speech. Now, no matter what the matter is, you can talk for a long time, and most importantly, it is interesting for others.
With respect to the narrator, the listener must also fulfill a number of requirements. Firstly, in no case should one interrupt the one who speaks. This is a demonstration of disrespect. It is important to ask a few clarifying questions after completing the phrase of the interlocutor in order to show their interest and participation.
You can never comment on someone or someone else's actions with a negative connotation. Always remember the most important functions of etiquette - humanism and tolerance, as well as tact and courtesy. Even if personal feelings were hurt, you should keep silent and, if possible, simply stop communicating with the offender.
Non-verbal communication is communication through body language, facial expressions. It is always very important to monitor your gestures and facial expressions.
In any respected society, a lack of mobility is accepted. The pose should be restrained, not vulgar. Conducting a conversation, you should not strongly gesticulate with your hands. It is especially striking when someone at the table waving devices during a conversation. Such behavior is regarded as the height of indecency.
Too emotionally expressed facial expressions are considered inappropriate in society. For example, do not open your mouth wide in surprise. The gaze should be directed towards the interlocutor, during a conversation it is advisable to look into his eyes or nose bridge.
Proxemics studies the spatial and temporal sign systems in society. In different countries, taking into account the peculiarities of traditions and religion, one can talk about a different level of comfort when encroaching on personal space, but there are generally accepted norms.
Always remember the distance. The optimal distance between the interlocutors is 1 meter. Invasion of personal space can cause hostility and, as a result, the termination of communication between people. This also includes touch.
A handshake during a meeting or acquaintance is considered acceptable, provided that the initiator is a woman or a senior in rank or age.
The etiquette proxemic also includes the rules governing, for example, the place of a guest in the house at the table.So, the owners take a place at the head of the table, the guest of honor is on the right hand of the owner, the younger ones and children are in the far corner.
The world of things is not the last in etiquette. In this section, you can include such phenomena as table setting, the ability to own cutlery correctly, the appropriate choice of attire for a particular occasion, knowledge of how to properly sign a card or give a gift, to present flowers.
The rules of communication usually depend on the situation, but the basic postulates are common to everyone, therefore, in the process of creating an etiquette code of rules, speech formulas were developed. They are designed to become the standard on how to conduct a conversation with a particular person.
Before proceeding directly to speech formulas, one should determine the structure and types of communication. Thus, it is divided into:
- oral (speaking, listening);
- written: (letter, reading).
Oral and written communication differs in the type of presentation, the way to perceive information.
During a personal conversation, an information field is created before our eyes, the speaker has the opportunity to use timbre, intonation, facial expressions and gestures during a conversation, he actively works with his voice.
The letter allows the narrator to devote more time to selecting the exact language means, to select the right words, to accurately follow the thread of the narration, and also gives the opportunity to correct and edit the written.
A letter or conversation, including a telephone, can be divided into certain stages:
- beginning of a relationship (greeting, meeting);
- the main part of the conversation;
- end a conversation, take stock, and say goodbye.
From how the first stage went, one can judge the further development of the conversation and relations in general. Etiquette comes to the rescue in creating a favorable image. Its rules govern the order of greeting:
- the youngest by age, official rank or rank greets the first one with an older one;
- a gentleman greets a lady;
- a young girl - a man older than himself;
- a single lady is the first to greet a married couple;
- when two couples meet, the first women greet each other, then the men and women, and only then the men shake hands;
- during a telephone conversation, the one who phoned is the first to greet;
- A letter always begins with a greeting.
To greet a person correctly, you should be guided by the appropriate speech formula in a particular situation:
- “Hello!” Is a universal option for greeting;
- “Good day”, “good evening”, “good morning” - it depends on the time of day, is also considered universal;
- “Hello!” - an informal greeting, suitable for meeting old acquaintances, friends;
- “I wish you good health!” - a specific speech formula used in military etiquette.
In addition to verbal methods of greeting, there are non-verbal techniques that are actively used in secular society:
- nod of the head (mainly women);
- men raise their hat as a sign of greeting, if a familiar person passes by a few meters;
- on balls and in court etiquette, ladies curtsy at a meeting or a new acquaintance;
- men kiss the hand of a lady or shake hands;
- loved ones kiss each other on the cheek.
The dating phase is very important and requires careful preparation. It is better if the strangers introduce each other, for example, the owner of the holiday event or a common friend. Some time ago, it was considered indecent for both a man and a woman to take the initiative in getting to know themselves. However, times are changing, a lady may be the first to start a conversation and introduce herself.
One way or another, there is a certain order, which, according to the rules of etiquette, is followed at the time of meeting:
- the first woman is a man;
- a woman appears first if she meets a man or woman older than her;
- a single person is always the first to appear to a married couple or group of people.
If the task is to introduce two strangers to each other, there is the following sequence:
- the lady is first introduced to the man, she, in turn, decides whether to give or not to give a hand;
- the first to represent an older in age or official position to someone younger;
- the owner of the house, the organizer of the evening, represents the newcomer to the whole company, calling his name first;
- during the presentation of a relative, the degree of kinship is called first, then the name ("Meet my niece Olga");
- Introducing your friend to your parents, the first is the name of a friend;
- introducing peers, the first is called a closer friend.
To introduce two people to each other, you should choose the right moment, so you should not interrupt the conversation of one of them. It is not worth letting two strangers to each other and inviting them to meet on their own. Such a gesture is regarded as the height of indecency.
Introducing yourself, or at the moment when the guest is represented by the owner, you should not sit on a chair, you need to get up and greet a new acquaintance. The exception is elderly people who are allowed to stay in their place.
After the introduction, new acquaintances should say to each other: “I'm very glad to meet you!” Or “It's nice to meet you!”. Acquaintance can be shaken with a handshake, but the usual nod of the head is allowed, a slight bow.
After the greeting, the first meeting, a woman or an older woman can start a conversation. It should be supported. In the rules of etiquette, there are topics that must be avoided in a secular society and at the first meeting - this is politics and religion. Do not categorically express your thoughts and start a dispute. It is necessary to adhere to the principle of humanism and tolerance.
After the event, it’s worth saying goodbye to a new friend, once again expressing the pleasure of the meeting, hope for a new one soon. Goodbye can also be accompanied by a handshake, with an old friend or relative an exchange of hugs or kisses on the cheek is allowed.
General rules for attending social events or celebrations on the occasion of a birthday, name day, New Year and others imply following aspects:
- Punctuality. It is very important to come to any meeting exactly at the appointed time. You should not come in advance, as the owners may not be ready, and this can put them in a difficult position. To be late is all the more unacceptable. In case of force majeure, you should call in advance and discuss the exact time of arrival.
- Appearance should match the event.
- When attending an event in which a feast is expected, do not come empty-handed. You should bring cookies, cakes or sweets and hand them to the hostess. The hostess must put the treats on the table.
- Having entered the room in which the guests have already gathered at the table, it is necessary to greet everyone at once, to look at each guest, and smile.
- Sitting down at the table, once again greet the neighbors on the left and right hand.
- Do not wish the audience a good appetite, this expression is considered indecent in secular circles.
- At the end of the evening, thank the hostess, give a positive assessment of her culinary abilities and the evening as a whole.
Separate laws of etiquette that relate to telephone conversations should be highlighted. It is especially important to follow the rules during business calls or calls to unfamiliar and completely strangers. Large firms for their employees develop standards that the employee strictly adheres to every day in his work. So the company management creates the necessary image and authority in the eyes of its customers.
Regardless of who receives or makes calls - a civil servant, a commercial employee or a call is exclusively secular, - the basis of telephone conversations are the following rules:
- Make phone calls from 9:00 to 21:00.
- It is imperative to greet the person, introduce yourself. If the phone call is businesslike, be sure to name your regalia.
- Ask the interlocutor if it is convenient for him to talk.
- Name the purpose of the call, ask a question of interest.
- After the topic of the call has been exhausted, you need to thank for the answer and say goodbye.
In the case of answering a phone call, you must greet the caller, if he did not name himself, clarify how you can contact him, answer the question and say goodbye. There are etiquette rules for answering an incoming call for employees of firms and organizations. The employee should say hello, voice the name of the company, his position, last name and first name. Next, ask the question "How can I help you?" Or alternative options that the employer offers.
Requirements for the letter overlap with the stages of conducting a normal conversation: a greeting with an address by name, the main idea stated in the subject of the letter, farewell and signature. The signature in a personal letter, as a rule, is intimate, in a business one - official, with a list of regalia, last name, first name and patronymic.
Conversation is the most reliable way to convey information. During the conversation, you can find out the opinion and side of the opponent, create an agreement, draw a personal portrait of the interlocutor for yourself, find out what motivates a person during the adoption of certain decisions, and, importantly, enjoy and enjoy a pleasant pastime.
Two main types of conversation can be distinguished:
The first type of communication involves strict adherence to all the rules and regulations of business etiquette. In a business environment, it is imperative to adhere to a set of these rules so that relationships between partners and colleagues are extremely predictable. Everyone values their time, money and reputation.
Basic laws of business communication:
- Punctuality or time management. The concept of business punctuality includes not only the fact of arrival at the meeting at the appointed time. Compliance with the time frame for the execution of the contract, making a call on time, performing work for an employee for a certain time, the ability to briefly and clearly articulate your thoughts - also apply to the phenomenon of punctuality.
In order not to get into the awkward situation associated with the violation of temporary agreements, an employee of any level must understand the science of planning his working day. This is what time management does.
- Attitude to work. For successful business and career advancement, one should conscientiously relate to one's work and minimize the percentage of errors. You should not often take tea breaks, delay from lunch, be distracted by personal calls, and talk with colleagues on abstract topics.
- trade secret. All financial transactions and terms of contracts with counterparties are classified information. Employees are required not to disseminate this information. Currently, the condition of maintaining trade secrets is included in the clauses of the employment contract. For the dissemination of information related to trade secrets, penalties and administrative sanctions may be applied to an employee of the organization.
- Dress code. A business style of clothing is a prerequisite for successful cooperation and workflow. The choice of an appropriate costume forces a person to observe the limits of decency accepted in society, creates a certain image, makes others see a professional in a person.
Do not forget that every employee is the face of the company, so it is important that every employee looks neat, presentable and in the context of a business style.
- Desktop. There must be order on the desk of an employee and a boss of any rank. Each document should be in place, have a neat appearance. This is necessary so that the employee can always quickly find the necessary information and pass it on request to colleagues or partners. In large organizations, there are capital rules about what items should be on the table, as well as what places to lie on.
- Subordination. You cannot show familiarity in relation to your colleagues, and especially older ones by age and official position. The position of a particular individual is determined by his being at a certain level of the hierarchy. Thus, an employee cannot distribute official tasks to his supervisor. However, the reverse process is taken for granted by all.
- Mutual politeness and tact in resolving contentious issues. It is important to be able to argue your conclusions, all statements should have a specific character, words should not contradict each other. At the time of resolving disputes or conflict situations it is not allowed to insult the feelings and personality of the opponent, it is necessary to learn how to correctly accept victory or defeat.
- Properly defending your position is an important skill in conducting business negotiations and the work process as a whole. In order for the conversation to be constructive, the image of the person and the company should not be harmed, you should prepare in advance for a meeting with a partner. You should consider what argument the counterparty can bring in to be ready for an answer.
So, etiquette makes it possible to make relationships predictable, because most of the arguments can discredit one of the partners. However, few are willing to present such arguments and break off partnerships.
- Holding meetings, events. When gathering a meeting, the organizer must present the purpose of such an event. If possible, indicate the main points and main issues that will be discussed. Therefore, invited workers are required to prepare answers and the necessary data. In addition, we must not forget about time management. A prerequisite is the establishment of a clear time frame for the meeting.
An example of a business letter indicating the need for a meeting:
"Good afternoon, colleagues!
Today, 02/03/2018, a meeting will be held in the director’s office. The issue of staff turnover and options for correcting the situation will be discussed. I ask the personnel department to prepare the necessary numbers and reports, the heads of departments - a list of requirements for candidates, HR - ways to regulate staff turnover.
The time of the meeting is 14: 00-15: 30.
Director of LLC Manager
Ivanov Ivan Ivanovich"
Taking into account all of the above basics of business etiquette, an employee will easily receive a good profile, and therefore will achieve a promotion.
Small talk is less formal. This is especially manifested in communication with close friends and relatives. However, the basics remain unchanged - punctuality, courtesy and tact, respect and reverence for elders, modesty and humanity.
How to dress?
Clothing has a huge impact on the assessment of a person in society, and on how the individual himself feels. In order to achieve harmony in these forms, one should know the following: the outfit must be appropriate, neat, there should be no vulgar elements in it, it should be convenient and strictly correspond to the case.
Everyday clothes should not provoke the audience, its main task is to be neat and comfortable. Whereas for a trip to a restaurant a woman is most likely to choose a cocktail evening dress, and a man to wear a suit.
It often happens that on invitation cards to a social event you can see the postscript: "Dress-kode Black Tie".Such a message obliges a man to appear in a tuxedo (or a black suit), and a woman in a long evening dress of dark color.
In choosing clothes, you should strictly adhere to the specifics of the event, season, specific weather, time of day.
You must remember: a tracksuit is only suitable for a gym or purely outdoor sports events, high-heeled shoes and a mini-skirt are not worn on a picnic, a swimsuit can only be worn on the beach.
We should also say about makeup. In the daytime, a woman should not be brightly painted, it is necessary to select decorative cosmetics of natural tones. An evening out allows you to apply any lipstick and shiny shadows.
Behavior in public places
Good manners in public places are based on the principle: do not create difficulties and inconvenience to others. It is always necessary to think about the well-being of strangers, and if, through negligence, any actions affected someone's feelings or physically interfered with the stranger, you should definitely apologize.
In public places they don’t talk and laugh loudly, do not wave their hands, do not try to crawl out of turn, do not enter into skirmishes and disputes with strangers.
Sometimes you have to turn to an outsider for help. In this case, you should not attract his attention with the phrase “woman!” Or “man!”, You should go up to the person and ask: “Excuse me, please, could you help me?” Next, it is necessary to state the essence of the issue. This speech formula is universal for men and women, and such fleeting communication does not require presentation and personal acquaintance.
Do not eat on the go, as well as in public places not provided for this.. There is a chance to choke or stain others. Smoking in public places is prohibited not only by state law, but also by etiquette. It is indecent to point a finger and discuss passers-by. Public transport should give way to seniors, people with disabilities and passengers with children.
The generally accepted code of etiquette is considered international. It is followed by European countries, the USA, Russia and others. However, some rules may vary due to your own traditions, history and culture.
Especially these differences are noticeable with the eastward advance. Most eastern countries profess Islam or Buddhism. Both religions have a strong influence on the secular life of the people living there.
The Muslim example of good manners is the common truths of the Qur'an. Religion calls upon each of its bearers to be modest, beneficent, responsive, hardworking, to be afraid of debauchery, vulgar thoughts, and abuse.
For women, this is the education from childhood of humility and chastity. Thus, the etiquette of Islam reads:
- A woman should not look into the eyes of a stranger, even at a wedding, the bride's eyes are fixed on the floor.
- A woman is completely subordinate to the opinion of a man, does not have the right to rebuke, enter into a dispute.
- The hijab completely covers the legs to the ankles, hands to the wrists, its color is not bright, often black.
- A Muslim woman marries exclusively a virgin, otherwise she will be disgraced.
- Islam forbids a woman to drink alcohol.
A less strict etiquette of Buddhism also depends heavily on the faith and traditions of the people. It is important to learn the basic rules before visiting the temple, especially the holidays and religious rites.
However, visitors to the temple of a different faith and tourists are not required to take an active part in the ritual and to know its features thoroughly, the main thing is not to offend the feelings of Buddhists.
Often, ignorance of the exact rules of etiquette is compensated by such human qualities as morality, modesty and politeness. It is important to be able to restrain your emotions, not succumb to provocations, use your smile as a weapon, and be an open and cheerful person.
Before attending an important social event, you should familiarize yourself with the rules of good manners and adopt speech formulas that may come in handy. It is also important to choose the right clothes.
For those who dream of a high official position, it is worth practicing in oratory, in the ability to defend their position, without violating the rules of etiquette, to study time management.
Going on a trip, get acquainted with the cultural characteristics of the country, religion and moral standards. Example: when visiting a Muslim state, think over your wardrobe, do not appear in public places in clothes that open your shoulders, stomach, knees.
See even more secrets of etiquette from aristocrats in the next video.